The Seamen’s Church Institute (SCI) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. This section will be updated on a regular basis with the latest information as it relates to safety protocols that will be followed for the duration of the SCI Mountain Challenge. The list below reflects the current recommendations and guidelines in place for the safety of all competitors, staff and vendors and will be updated as necessary.
- Masks will be required at all indoor functions and locations except when actively eating.
- Indoor dining capacity will be assessed according to the most up-to-date CDC and state guidelines, with contingency plans for additional spaces including outdoor dining to accommodate all competitors.
- Social distancing will be required on and off the courses (with the exception of the three team members) whenever not masked.
- All participants will be required to have proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of arriving to Sunday River.
- The race start will be staggered to ensure that competitors can maintain social distancing requirements while on the course.
- Race transportation will have a limited capacity per bus and race organizers will be responsible for providing an adequate number of vehicles to accommodate all competitors.
- The venue will adhere to strict disinfecting and cleaning of rooms and common spaces throughout the duration of the event.
- Hotel check-in will be conducted by phone.
- Competitors will be able to use their own transportation to any off site evening events (race starts and finishes excluded).
SCI will assess and update the list of precautions and safety protocols as necessary to actively ensure the safety and security of all participants.
For any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.